Left click and choose to save the file to your computer. Do not open before importing into Best Practice.
Resources for GPs and Practice Nurses
Department of Health and Ageing
Services under Medicare that support the management of chronic disease
Medicare Benefits Scheme item numbers
- Resources or presentation notes from Education events may be available after the event. Please contact the Division for copies telephone 4721 1150.
- Balint Groups are an important, internationally established method of training general practitioners in the psychological aspects of their work.
- Blackdog Institute offers GPs a selection of interactive workshops focused on various aspects of recognising and managing depression and bipolar disorder in a general practice setting.
- Drsreference site contains a calendar of medical events in Australia and overseas. Online registrations are also possible in some cases.
- GP Synergy is a leading provider of General Practice training, delivering GP education programs across Sydney and the New England/Northwest region of NSW.
- Medeserv-PrimEd is the largest provider of online professional development programs for healthcare in Australia.
- RACGP QI&CPD website provides information about the 2011–2013 QI&CPD Program. An online version of the handbook is available on this site.
- RACGP GP Learning website is an interactive online CPD education service. Financial members of the RACGP have automatic access.
- Southern GP Training offers quality training. The program is GP owned and driven.
- Think GP Provides ongoing QA/CPD education for General Practitioners across Australia.
- Australian Diabetes Council formally Diabetes Australia – NSW. From 11 July 2010, the largest diabetes charity in Australia, Diabetes Australia-NSW, will be known as Australian Diabetes Council. This website provides diabetes related information for health professionals, including best practice guidelines and access to recent reports on prevention, diagnosis and management of diabetes.
- RACGP Guidelines for Management of Diabetes in General Practice This is an essential guide providing a readable summary of current guidelines and recommendations from various sources on the management of type 2 diabetes in the general practice setting. You can down load an electronic version, or contact the Australian Diabetes Council on 1300 342 238 for a hard copy.
- Practice Incentive Program – Diabetes. Accredited practices are eligible to join the Diabetes Practice Incentive Payment program. A Service incentive payment is available every 12 months for each patient on the practice diabetes register who has had all components of the Annual Cycle of Care completed and documented.
- Diabetes Australia is a national federated body comprising state and territory organisations supporting people with diabetes and those professional and research bodies particularly concerned with the treatment and prevention of diabetes.
Left click and choose to save the file to your computer. Do not open before importing into Medical Director.